what it's all about..

this blog contains bits and pieces of life i encounter during my roles as a mother, teacher, wife, and a citizen of the world..

Monday, October 8, 2012

A Letter to Jiwo

Dear Jiwo,

I love you not because of your accomplishments. Winning competitions, getting good scores at school, or getting stickers from your teacher because you could read the words she wrote on the black board make me proud because I know how hard you try.  

I love you not because of the good things that you do. Cleaning up your mess, kissing my knee to make the hurt go away, and saying just the right thing when I was tired make me happy because they tell me how big and kind your heart is.

I won’t stop loving you because of the bad things that you do. Whining, refusing to clean up you toys, and not being careful even after I told you to so many times won’t stop me from loving you because even when I’m angry I love you so much still.

When you grow old and have kids on your own, I will still love you as much as the first day you started your journey here on earth.

Whatever you do and whatever you don’t do, when you achieve and when you fail, I will love always.

Simply because you’re my son.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment